MIMIX Review

Provides replication stability and its audit feature is valuable

What is most valuable?

Stability of replication and its audit feature. If systems and communications remain at a good level without problems, no problems will occur in MIMIX.

How has it helped my organization?

About 10 years ago, a large Portuguese bank successfully merged banking systems that were used in other countries because of the MIMIX replication solution.

What needs improvement?

Switch procedures are not as easy and straightforward as it may seem at first glance. The product needs a virtual switch and better programs to improve simplicity in the switch procedures.

I have been certified in MIMIX since 2000, with V4.1, so I use it for internal testing, self education, support and the development of associated tools.

With older versions there were some issues, but with this version (8.1) even with complex sensitive software applications such as SQL collections, stability is very good.

No, from the simplest to the most complex environments, and with millions of transactions, MIMIX can adapt to any environment. Normally the adjustment is related to systems hardware and software.

The technical support is at a very high level, and reachable 24 hours a day.

I work with customers who had Vision Solutions OMS/ODS and switched to MIMIX because it has more advanced features such as easy monitoring and administration. They had more confidence in it.

Basic initial setup is very simple and, almost always, any problems are related to systems problems and/or communications.

It depends on which version of MIMIX is most suitable for your production systems, and according to the needs and expectations of the business.

While working with MIMIX for many years, I know the evolution of this product and have checked others and they are steps behind.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to deploy this product, do not use only simple replication. Take advantage of all the features that this product offers. Test the Role Swap (Virtual and Real) regularly, to ensure that the alternate system can take place from the production system at any time.