MIMIX Review

Enables custom machine real-time replication process with verification of destination

What is most valuable?

Complete/custom machine real-time replication process (including apply and verification of destination).

How has it helped my organization?

Used it just as DR solution, but can be used in other scenarios as well (like a 24x7 solution).

What needs improvement?

Product works perfectly. Just for a new customer, a GUI with more functionality would help. Already offered VSP is a huge help for those not willing to work with a green screen.

Nine years.

Nine out of 10.

No previous DR solution used.

Initial setup done by Vision Solutions specialist. Implementation itself can be done by MIMIX professionals quickly and does not require downtime (except when performing the test switch after the implementation). Design and analysis of the replication configuration is the crucial part, can be time consuming and requires mainly client input. We used a specific Vision Solutions implementer very familiar with our Core Banking system and were very happy with his professional services.

Licenses are not cheap. Also for migration of licenses to a less powerful machine, Vision Solutions charges. In the recent infrastructure migration process, we used a POWER 8 machine with CBU option, that kept down license fees for both OS and MIMIX.

No, went straight to MIMIX as the best solution for IBM i without PowerHA.

What other advice do I have?

Calculate appropriate resources for running and managing the solution after the implementation.