Mindjet MindManager Review

An Easy to use tool for brainstorming and planning, compatible with Microsoft Project

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for brainstorming and planning sessions. It's a handy tool for moving things about or refiling them into certain branches as per the group discussions and decisions.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is being able to export to Microsoft Project. I use this feature in my project planning. I do my project planning session and whatever ends up in the mind maps gets exported as a WBS in Microsoft Project.

I can go back and make changes like adding tasks, changing the order of tasks or taking tasks away, then it exports back into Mindjet.

This feature has been available for fifteen years.

It's a simple tool that is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Since I have been using such an old version, most of the improvements have already been made, but I would suggest moving forward with the times and creating a cloud-based solution for universal access.

I don't know what the pricing is at now, but at the time the price hike upset me to the point that I stopped upgrading.

I have been using this solution for eighteen years.

The version that I am using is very stable. It is a very stable tool and I haven't had any issues with it.

I am the only one using this solution.

I haven't had a need to contact technical support. It works well and I haven't had any issues with this solution.

I have a single user subscription.

This is an old version that I stopped subscribing to. There were no monthly subscriptions. There was no cloud, it was only on-premises single user or enterprise user.

The price was very good in the beginning, then the price increased from USD $99.00 to USD $249.00, then I stopped upgrading because what I needed was already there.

What other advice do I have?

This solution works well enough. One can always dream up certain things that may or may not be worth implementing in a piece of software because some other people might have some other better priorities that make more sense. But I would say for what I need it to do, I'm okay.

My advice to others is to get it, and use it! It's very good and useful.

I  am pretty sure that the functionality it has today has more modern methodologies than what I use, but for me, it has been very useful and I have kept using it all of this time.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.