MindTouch Review

It is easy to navigate through the different modules and to set content hierarchies. There aren’t a lot of options to style the content.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this product would be the overall structuring of the content and guides. It is very easy to navigate through the different modules and to set content hierarchies. From an end user's perspective, it is very easy to find what you are looking for through the guide hierarchy or by simply using the search bar.

How has it helped my organization?

Before MindTouch, our users had to constantly look through our old PDFs to find answers; many times not finding what they needed in the maze of the individual docs and then, had to call customer support when they became frustrated. Converting our PDFs to MindTouch is like adding a huge new feature to our software product line and it has, so far, had a great approval rate amongst our clients.

Since we use this product as a resource for both the customers and employees, I would say it has also improved the ways our staff accesses information, which in turn improves overall efficiency. Instead of having to search through bottomless company-wide folders, SharePoint sites or past emails, any information regarding our solutions can be easily found and accessed.

What needs improvement?

I think that there could be improvements in the actual structuring and formatting of content, i.e., when creating topics and guides in MindTouch. Although they advertise that you can simply “copy and paste” content, I found this product to be tricky when doing this; it lacked clean formatting. There aren’t a lot of options to style the content as compared to programs like Microsoft Word (such as formatting tables, lists, etc.) and I found that often I had to settle in terms of styling the content as close to my ideals, that the product would allow.

I have been using this solution for approximately six months, i.e., since we purchased/implemented the product, at the end of December 2016.

We have not encountered any issues with the stability so far.

We have not encountered any issues with its scalability.

We did not have a solution before MindTouch.

The initial setup was fairly straightforward. They provide online training and support for new users. They, also, provide a detailed walkthrough of setting up your product. It is easy to get technical support when needed, during this process.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for others looking into this product would be to ask them for help at the initial implementation and then go-live. They have contract resources to assist with migration, as initially importing the guides with little experience in the solution, can be extremely time consuming and problematic.