Mobile Center Review

Enables us to automate testing but the documentation and interface need improvement

What is our primary use case?

I use the product to automate mobile application testing and I usually use Mobile Center every day.

What is most valuable?

The ability to automate testing is the most valuable for me because it is something I need to do every day. In general, in my opinion, Mobile Center is a good product that allows us to do everything we need to automate application testing for mobile.

What needs improvement?

I think the interface is not good very good and I have used other solutions that are easier to learn. Also the time it takes to connect the mobile and the interface is not up to speed. I think that there are other ways the product could be configured to detect devices more quickly in order to speed up use. When I connect my device to evaluate it can take a few minutes to see the device on my computer.

I want to see better documentation because it was not so good in the last version. It needs a better explanation for implementing everything in Mobile Center. In the beginning, I had constant problems to connect Mobile Center because I could not find a good explanation to document Mobile Center working with EFT (Unified Functional Testing). I think that you cannot do this job without that kind of product support.

We have been using the product for about one year.

It is a good solution when you have implemented it. When you put your device in the server and when you launch your application every day in the server, it is a good solution and does not fail. It is better when you launch the test automation in a local device, but it is a good solution either way.

I think the solution is scalable. We only have seven or eight people working with it now. There are not any immediate plans to increase usage soon, but it should not be a problem.

I think that technical support is not above average, but it is good.

I'm confident with Mobile Center now and I like to resolve issues myself. When I have a problem, I have had trouble finding answers because the documentation is only on their site. I don't find other responses and other communities, so it is not as easy as it could be.

The company was previously using a different solution. They wanted to switch to working with UFT so we like this product better for EFT configuration. We work with Mobile Center because with this solution our testing is more complete.

I don't remember if I have encountered a real problem with the product.The initial setup was not difficult as far as doing the installation. But I did find that understanding the program and configuration was initially a little complex.

I know I succeeded in deploying Mobile Center with the installer and to launch the test automation in Mobile Center.

We did our own installation.

We compared Mobile Center with Bitbar. Actually, the company used Bitbar, which is another source which is primarily ranked with Mobile Center. It was not as well integrated with EFT.

What other advice do I have?

In rating the product on a scale of one to ten where ten is best, I would rate this product a seven.

I think that Mobile Center can offer a good platform and practice to do your work. It is easy to implement and easy to configure once you get used to the product.

The problems are the lack of better documentation and more friendly user interface.