MobileIron Virtual Smartphone Platform Review

Accessing documents on your mobile while traveling is essential but screen share suppport could be helpful.

What is most valuable?

MobileIron AppConnect (geting access to internal resources Exchange, File Server, etc.) thru Sentry without VPN.

How has it helped my organization?

Accessing documents on your mobile while traveling is essential.

What needs improvement?

Screen share suppport for all platforms could be helpful for helpdesk.

2 years.

4 out of 5.

3 out of 5.

No, I did not.

It was straightforward. The infrastructure consists of virtual appliances which are very easy to deploy and setup.

An in-house team.

Symantec, Zenprise (now Citrix).

What other advice do I have?

Focus onto the planning phase of the implementation. Prepare a list of your requirements regarding the restrictions (passcode, secure data access), use cases, what type of resources would your users like to acces from their mobile device. Per device and per user licensing are available, so you can decide which is the best for you.

There are two type of implementation available: Connected Cloud and On-premise. In the first scenario MobileIron is responsible for the availability, the backup and the version upgrades of the Core. Make groups by the type of users and use active directory groups for assigning configs and policies. Prepare a list of the platforms you would like to support. Ask for a 30-day evaluation from MobileIron and check that it meets with your expectation and requirements. Mobileiron provide 0 day support for new versions of IOS, Android and Windows Phone. It is possible to create dynamic groups of configs and policies as per the user AD group membership and by device properties (platform, OS version, screen size,… more than 240 filter properties can be used)

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are Gold level reseller partner of MobileIron.