MobileIron Virtual Smartphone Platform Review

Apps can be deployed to store devices with more ease but there was an ActiveSync issue during deployment

What is most valuable?

High Availability on Core and Sentry, Apple DEP support, MAM, and the BYOD Portal are valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

Corporate-owned and employee-owned devices can be enrolled from the same BYOD Portal. In-house app distribution allows retail apps to be deployed to store devices with more ease.

What needs improvement?

Reporting and custom reporting, containerization, more readable and assessable documentation, better technical support and better trained staff.

2.5 years

Yes. ActiveSync issue.

Yes. Certain profiles are not getting pushed that rendered app distribution

None encountered.

7.5 out of 10

6.5 out of 10

Yes. Agreement issue with preferred product was the reason for change.

Not quite. Technical questionnaire/reference can be done better so firewall rules can be implemented more smoothly. The server setup that BYOD Portal resides on is not supported by MobileIron and caused support issues such as vulnerability patches, configuration, etc.

Both via Webex sessions. The level of expertise from the vendor team is 8 out of 10.

I don't know what the ROI is.

AirWatch, Absolute, and McAfee MDM were also evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

Clearly list goals or objectives, compare products, interview vendors and ask intelligent questions that may be related to problems or challenges