MongoDB Review

Is stable, scalable, and useful for searching, and can be deployed and maintained by one person

What is our primary use case?

We use it for searching. For example, we use some files and documents that are stored in MongoDB, and we use it sometimes to search for certain key words. We also use it to search within the documents that are stored in MongoDB.

What is most valuable?

MongoDB is scalable and stable. The initial setup is very easy, and deployment and maintenance can be done by one person.

What needs improvement?

I think it would be good to have more search options such as an index resource. This will provide more options and resources to do advance searches.

Criteria and filters would be good too as they will help us find what we are looking for. Filters will be useful if you want to filter something to a dashboard according to certain criteria.

I have experience with MongoDB for about six months.

MongoDB is stable. We have had no technical issues with it.

It is a scalable solution.

Technical support has been good.

Installation is very simple. It can be done in a few hours. We needed only one person for deployment and maintenance.

Our customers pay for yearly licenses for MongoDB.

What other advice do I have?

It's a very good product, and I would rate it at nine on a scale from one to ten.

More MongoDB reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle NoSQL
Learn what your peers think about MongoDB. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.