MongoDB Review

Enables you to alter tables and to enable streaming

What is our primary use case?

We use MongoDB to enable streaming. We have a structured DB where everything is secure. We have everything in folders and structured data. MongoDB is much more better in terms of their response time.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to add and remove things in MongoDB. You can alter the tables. MongoDB is faster at reading, slower at writings.

What needs improvement?

The transaction could use improvement. From MySQL, for example, you cannot create a transaction if you are reading and writing a document at the same time.

Relations in MongoDB is another issue. Trying to make a relation such as a connection or using the OIE can be very slow. It's not a fault, though, because it's not a positional database, so it isn't supposed to use it for relation.

Very secure structured database

It's stable. You can create sets which could be three servers, some reading and some writing, for example. This way if some servers go down the others are still up.

This solution is scalable.

There's no technical support in the server source.

MongoDB is more secure than similar databases. You can pass documents from there. You can add large data in the same record. It works with PostgreSQL and the like, and it is a structural database.

It was pretty easy to set up if you are using Linux servers. It only took a few minutes to deploy, since you don't have to create anything.

It only takes one person for maintenance and deployment.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is not to use Relationships in MongoDB. MongoDB is not a relational database, so don't try to use Relationships in MongoDB.

I would rate MongoDB as eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Google

4.0
More MongoDB reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle NoSQL
Learn what your peers think about MongoDB. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.