MongoDB Review

Good interface and integration with other tools but they should modernize the storage options

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for schema lists. It's easy to populate the data and to get information for summaries and things like that. The second use case is that there is a mainframe and the upgrades on the mainframe can use your CPU time. As the customer is working on the mixed product, it becomes very costly. Using MongoDB internally allows us to divide as much as we can with it. And there is a service provision that I think is much cheaper than continuing the maintenance of the machine.

What is most valuable?

The feature I find most valuable, is that it is easy to use. Even a non-technical person will be able to understand it. I also find the integration with other tools very easy.

What needs improvement?

The price can always be better. I mean, we are a big corporation so it is quite expensive for us. So perhaps they can improve on the price.

I have been using MongoDB for two years now.

MongoDB is very stable.

The solution can be scaled without any issues.

I have not yet contacted the technical support team of MongoDB, but I have great interactions with the MongoDB side. We have our own technical team in our company that takes care of our issues.

We have used Snowflake before and I can tell you what the difference is between MongoDB and Snowflake. Snowflake is a totally different type of database. It is basically shot across small units and its solutions are only for the cloud. Your access can be private and it can be fast on the queries. Whereas with MongoDB, it takes much longer than with Snowflake if you want to extract. Snowflake is much faster. It has good analytics capabilities, though.

The initial setup was easy and quite fast. The only problem is the provisioning environment within the cloud. Deploying the MongoDB program doesn't take very long. The whole process of deployment needs only one additional person to do its maintenance and to finalize the deployment faster.

What other advice do I have?

I will rate this solution a seven out of ten because I like the interface and the integration with other tools. In the next version, perhaps they can modernize the storage options. I think they have a very good reputation, from what I hear from our client comments. The program has speed and it has simplicity. If you want to extract the application, the terms of applicability it is good. And you can use the intelligence within the program.

More MongoDB reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle NoSQL
Learn what your peers think about MongoDB. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.