Moogsoft Review

Automatic correlations, easy to install, stable, scalable, and the support is good

What is our primary use case?

I work with numerous products from old management framework products such as Tivoli to the latest products.

We are trying to migrate from Netcool/OMNIbus to Moogsoft for our customers.

What is most valuable?

I like the prediction features.

It's an automatic prediction of events, writing of the rules of analysis. With OMNIbus, you have to manually write the rules and make all of the correlations. It is my understanding that with Moogsoft, the correlations are done automatically.

What needs improvement?

With the multi-cloud and hybrid clouds coming into place, and where managed services are coming into existence. I would like to see how Moogsoft integrates with the multi-cloud and brings out a single pane of glass, to see everything on one screen.

As previously mentioned, I would like to see a single pane console addressing the different sets of environmental technologies. How do we integrate the process? We need a single pane of glass where we can manage all of the integrated applications.

I have been using Moogsoft for almost one year.

It can be scaled out better than OMNIbus

We had demos and presentations from the Moogsoft team directly. It was pretty good.

We haven't rolled out the product yet, so I am not sure how the production support will be.

For the sales team and the architecture team who are driving this new tool, they provide customer service.

We also just Loom with Moogsoft, we combine the two.

We also use Netcool/OMNIbus but migrating away from it. It's a good tool but it's an old product that has not improved with time. It is still stuck in time with the days of a coder selecting all of the events and manually writing all of the rules. It is becoming difficult for the users.

Where automation is becoming more used and known, we are still relying on tools where we need administrators who have to learn the rules of Netcool/OMNIbus, write them down, and put them into practice.

The administration cost becomes too high when it comes to Netcool/OMNIbus. We want to reduce administration, vendor cost, and bring it out of a managed services concept, where no one can directly enter the data into Moogsoft and get the output.

I was not involved in the installation, but from what I understood from my implementers and my support team, it is easier than Netcool/OMNIbus to implement.

I was not involved with the pricing.

I have been evaluating Loom and Moogsoft to see what the difference is between these two tools and whether you can consolidate them into one tool. It's been a long journey. Many things have changed, and it's been quite interesting to go through every phase of the technology that I have learned.

We are also evaluating Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus and possibly moving to AIOps.

What other advice do I have?

Dreemzrock Ventures is my startup company. Basically, we deal with developing mobile applications, and one of our products is a social media platform. We have approximately 18,000 users.

Dreemzrock is the place where we keep looking at new technologies and try to bring revenue from different areas, and we are also trying to enter the IT operations managed services space as well.

I would rate Moogsoft an eight out of ten.

More Moogsoft reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Moogsoft. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.