Morphisec Breach Prevention Platform Review

Provides full visibility into security events from two solutions in one dashboard

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to have it for more protection than Defender can give us. We wanted more protection against the threats that are out there with malware and ransomware being the biggest. It's to supplement threat protection in addition to having Microsoft Defender.

We only use the agent. We've transitioned from on-prem to the cloud this year.

How has it helped my organization?

We haven't had an issue since we've had Morphisec, so it's working. If we see something, we'll ask them about it, and then if we need to, we'll look at the machine. Generally though, if we find something, we tend to re-image a machine as opposed to fixing it. We just wipe it.

Morphisec gives me even more than Microsoft can give me, even if I were to pay. It doesn't technically save us money because we're paying for a Microsoft package that comes with Defender.

It has reduced the team's workload by a couple of hours a week. It also saves money on our security stack. It's cheaper than others. It saves between $10,000 to $15,000 yearly.

What is most valuable?

We liked the ability to see both the Defender and Morphisec through a single console to see the problems that might be going on.

It provides full visibility into security events and from both solutions in one dashboard. I'm not a big security guy, if I have a threat that looks like there's a problem, I will ask Morphisec to dissect it for me, and tell me what might be happening. Because it tends to be all hash codes, so I can tell what's going on. They've been pretty good with that.

What needs improvement?

I haven't been able to get the cloud deployment to work. When there's an update, I'm supposed to be able to roll it out for the cloud solution, but right now I'm continuing to use our SCCM solution to update it.

I have been using Morphisec for a year and a half.

They've been very good. We've been able to see any problems that we have easily. We've been able to deploy new solutions. The migration from on-prem to cloud was very easy because Morphisec did it for us. They migrated the data. When I do have problems, if I need it, I can call them. They've been right there for me.

The agent that is installed on the endpoints stable doesn't take up a lot of resources.

I haven't had any problems scaling it. I only have about 3,100 devices to deploy it to plus seven servers.

In terms of maintenance, I just look at the reports and see what's happening and if there's something that's going to need attention.

Technical support was very helpful. I just told them I had a problem and they went and found the solutions.

I have had other solutions. We were just on the Defender and we added Morphisec to that.

The initial setup was straightforward. For the original, we built the on-prem solution, which was a single install that they provided, and then we deployed our clients through our SCCM. We just did it with an MSI file. It was very straightforward. It took half a day.

We deployed it ourselves.

The ROI is that we haven't had any outbreaks. It's working.

Pricing was competitive. There were no additional costs to standard licensing.

We looked at a full Malwarebytes deployment and Sophos. We liked the price and then supplemental for the Defender since we were already paying for Microsoft.

We were going to be required to remove Defender, which would have been extra steps, and that almost never goes smoothly. Plus we were concerned about the size of some of the clients and how well they were going to perform for us. They had older machines.

What other advice do I have?

It's been a good experience. Morphisec has been helpful and we haven't had any outbreaks since running it. The install was easy. Updates have been pretty easy.

I would rate Morphisec a ten out of ten.

More Morphisec Breach Prevention Platform reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Malwarebytes
Learn what your peers think about Morphisec Breach Prevention Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.