Motorola Wireless WAN Review

Great for hospitals as the main hospital is usually the hub of many smaller buildings and also the tallest building in the neighborhood.

What is most valuable?

Motorola has solid RF experience for longer than any other vendor.

How has it helped my organization?

These are great for hospitals as the main hospital is usually the hub of many smaller buildings and also the tallest building in the neighborhood. This is an ideal scenario for P2P or PTMP wireless.

What needs improvement?

The documentation is lacking and they need to work on it. Motorola seems to have less documentation than competitors and less of it readily available online .

I've used it for over 10 years, although the product has changed.

We've had no issues with the deployment.

The reliability has to do with how often an RF link will go down, and this almost never happens in my experience with Motorola outdoor wireless.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

7/10

9/10

Yes, DragonWave, BridgeWave, Proxim, and Cisco.

Fairly straightforward

What other advice do I have?

I am not sure how Motorola is competing is this space presently since the Motorola Solutions/Mobility. And the subsequent sale to Zebra.

1 Comment

author avatarit_user375078 (Senior Network Engineer/Mobility Specialist at CCSI - Contemporary Computer Services, Inc.)
ExpertTop 10Real User

Motorola has sold off portions of its wireless portfolio. Please see Zebra and Cadmium Networks.