Mozy Pro [EOL] Review

It would be great if the data was AD integrated but I like the graphical representations of data space.

What is most valuable?

The ability to kick start the service live on the users machine. I also like the graphical representations of data space.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a true representation of the laptop estate and therefore handy to cross reference Mozy data with AD and SCCM.

What needs improvement?

The naming of the machine email address and the machine, it would be great if the data was AD integrated.

2 years.

Additional deployment syntax switches which were not readily available until talking to Mozy support.

Only due to users switching their machines off and disconnecting for presentations. The database would become corrupt.

You get what you pay for. More money more diskspace and licenses.

Reasonable. Although sometimes the point was lost in translation.

The support staff were directed to give support on specifics and to stick to the support plan. Anything out of the ordinary would be a challenge.

Never switched. Used robocopy and scripts at logon in other business solution situations.

It was simple, just a case of planning as most IT solutions are required to pass the ITIL test.

In-house implementation.

There is no figure that can be plucked from mid-air. It is a case of peace of mind when laptop data is under scrutiny.

Roughly 40k per year admin costs including the analyst.

Microsoft solutions, USB external drives, dedicated site F&P servers.

What other advice do I have?

Test it for a while first. Do not give it to the CIO or CEO until you are happy with the support requirements and knowledge of the product.