Mozy Pro Review
Data restoration is the most valuable feature.

Valuable Features

The data restoration feature is the most valuable because the end user requires minimum support to recover lost data.

Improvements to My Organization

Using the mobile client app has decreased the usage of portable storage devices for data transfer.

Room for Improvement

If I access my documents from the mobile app, I am also able to share these documents with accounts in other apps such as email, WhatsApp, Dropbox, google drive, etc. What I'd like is to be able to share a document or folder with other Mozy accounts (users), with limits of either under the same admin domains or even with other domains.

Use of Solution

I have been using EMC Mozy Pro for three years.

We have not had stability issues.

We have not had scalability issues.

I have not been required to use support so far.

I have used a couple of other applications that use tapes and tape drives. These require daily or weekly physical change of tapes, which takes time. There is s large room for errors, such as inserting a wrong or faulty device, forgetting, etc.

It is easy to set up for manual client configurations. Automated client deployment was not straightforward and never worked for me.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The pricing is fair for the PCs, but very expensive for the servers.

Other Solutions Considered

We evaluated Druva. This is more expensive.

Other Advice

If you can afford it, then you must take it.