MSP360 Backup Review

It's very user-friendly but they don't have a central console

What is most valuable?

The UI is pretty good. It's very simple. That is one thing that we like about this. It's very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

There are some things that we don't like about it. That is why I was exploring alternatives in a hyper-scale environment. That is why I was checking IT Central Station.

We are in the process of moving away from this solution.

The RPO for any backup is higher when compared to the product that we are looking at. And it does not have very good scalability option. Whereas the product that we are looking at has full scalability. The product that we are looking at is in the hyper-scale environment.

I have been using this solution for five to six years.

It's stable, but not agile.

We have 20 odd users because it's only the IT administration team who handles the software.

Their support is good.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's not complex. It doesn't take more than two hours. It depends on your architecture.

What other advice do I have?

If your environment is small and you're not looking to scale too much, I would recommend this solution. If the environment is bigger and the environment is going to scale pretty fast, then this would not be the solution.

To improve this solution, they should improve it so that the backup restore is pretty fast. If I have an incident and I need to restore something very fast, I want to restore a particular virtual machine, maybe in an hour and that is not possible to do with MSP360. It takes time.

I would rate MSP360 a seven out of ten.

The problem for us was because we have an environment that is scaled up, and it becomes a little challenging to manage. One other challenge is that they don't have a central console. You can write this point as an improvement point where they have a central console or you can say the management isn't easy.

Hybrid Cloud