Mule Anypoint Platform Review

Great API management feature and highly scalable

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is for our supply chain network and integrations. I'm an integration architect and we are users of Mule Anypoint.

What is most valuable?

The API management portion of the solution is great and the most valuable for us.

What needs improvement?

With regard to the integrations, I'd like to see something similar to the features you find in Dell Boomi related to the intelligent management data and intelligent mappings. Those would be helpful improvements that would help developers. For beginner users with little technical knowledge, some low code would help.

The solution is Java oriented but doesn't require Java knowledge which is good. But when you are debugging something or when you have other issues, it's important to know a little bit about that. I'd like to see some simplification. Anything that can be automated in the Data V area would also be helpful.

I've been using this solution for three years.

The stability is good although we sometimes face issues with debugging and Java errors that we get in the Mule runtime. Batch components and debugging require Java knowledge. I know that the interfaces you find on some other products are more stable than this and our issues come from the Java troubleshooting and monitoring.

The scalability of this product is good. We have a team of 15 developers who use it. I'm an API architect and work more with DevOps but the solution is also used by others such as platform architects. We work at analyzing our requirements and then assist our team and developers. It's the development team that maintains the solution. We're looking to expand our use of this solution.

We haven't had any issues with technical support, they're quite good.

We had some issues with the initial setup. It's a balancing act and it requires some basic technical knowledge. It took some time to debug. We initially carried out a manual deployment and then used the Azure DevOps tools to do the automation. We used Ansible for the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Private Cloud

Other
More Mule Anypoint Platform reviews from users
...who compared it with elastic.io