Mule Anypoint Platform Review

Easy-to-use features, good performance, and easy to scale

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to use for building connectors. It comes with a lot of connectors. For example, it has different adapters for NetSuite, which are very easy to use. It also has Salesforce connectors.

The object store feature is also really easy to use. Mule Anypoint Platform is also good in terms of performance and how it is managed behind the scenes.

What needs improvement?

It has different types of subscriptions. For platinum or lower subscriptions, there are not too many things that can be done. We don't see many features. They should release a basic version that has logging and monitoring features. These features should come with Mule Anypoint Platform for free instead of making customers pay separately for these features.

Its dashboard can be improved to have a lot of charts so that it is easy to visualize information. The utilization part can be improved. The dashboard is good currently, but it can be better. Other solutions like Elastic have a good dashboard, and they allow you to administer the product from the UI. Currently, for RTF, there is a different dashboard or utility. It would be good to include the same utility in the cloud solution.

It would be good if there is a centralized repository that includes the links to the information about various troubleshooting issues. The documentation is there currently, and it is good, but the troubleshooting information is too scattered. We have to go to different links to find troubleshooting information. This kind of centralized repository would be helpful for new customers who are implementing this solution. It will be helpful to see different kinds of issues that can occur.

I have been using this solution for six months. We are using the latest version.

It is pretty stable. We don't have any issues with its performance.

It is easy to scale.

I didn't contact them. My current role does not allow me to directly contact technical support.

It is pretty easy. If it is an on-premises deployment, then you need to set up a few things. If it is a cloud deployment, there is nothing to set up. The RTF deployment is quite complex, and it has some prerequisites.

What other advice do I have?

We work on all three models, that is, cloud, on-premises, and RTF. Nowadays, people are going for cloud solutions. The cloud model is good if you do not have any compliance issues for storing customer information on the cloud. However, if you have compliance issues, you can go for on-premises deployment. There is also RTF deployment, which is a new and very stable option. People who have used the RTF option found it to be very good.

I would recommend this solution. I would rate Mule Anypoint Platform a nine out of ten.

More Mule Anypoint Platform reviews from users
...who compared it with elastic.io
Learn what your peers think about Mule Anypoint Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
464,594 professionals have used our research since 2012.