Mule Anypoint Platform Review

Great API tool kit and pretty stable but is complex to set up

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to connect multiple enterprise applications across multiple clouds.

What is most valuable?

The API toolkit is the solution's most valuable aspect at this time, for our organization.

What needs improvement?

I don't know if there are any real pain points per se.

The terms of use and how it's priced has become very difficult to manage, which is forcing us to look for alternatives already - and we haven't even been using it for that long just yet.

The initial setup is rather complex.

There should be more templates associated with a standard to large ERP. There are 18 interfaces required between HighJump to SAP, our warehouse management system. Those templates are standard. Everybody that has HighJump and that has SAP would have to do those 18 interfaces and they should be in a template - yet those templates don't exist. Due to that, there's too much API building from scratch. They should be able to build an API library.

We've been using this solution for the last five months. It hasn't been very long just yet.

We haven't used the solution for too long. That said, it seems stable. It is early to make that determination as we've only been using it for about five months. However, there haven't been any bugs or glitches and it doesn't seem to crash or freeze at all.

Since we haven't yet used the solution for a long time, we haven't tried to scale it. We don't see any scaling limits at this point, however, there could be. We'll see when we expand it across our three SAP instances.

How many people actually use the product is hard to gauge. An API is being used with people not even knowing it. In essence, the entire organization is using APIs that tie our applications together. I'd say working with it, touching it, there are probably six employees on it.

Technical support has been okay. There's room for a bit of improvement. They could be more standardized. The level of service seems to depend on who you get.

The initial setup is not simple or straightforward. It's actually pretty complex to implement.

The deployment itself took about two months.

We used an integrator that helped us with the initial part of the setup.

We can't discuss pricing at this time as we are under an NDA.

We evaluated lots of options. Now, due to the economics of the solution, we are back to evaluating solutions again. We are looking to see if we can switch to something else.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

I'm not sure of which version of the solution we are using right now.

I'd recommend this solution to others. However, I'd advise that they be careful of the licensing terms. They're so convoluted. There are many hidden costs in the use of the product and you may not realize what it will actually cost until it's too late.

Overall, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

More Mule Anypoint Platform reviews from users
...who compared it with elastic.io
Learn what your peers think about Mule Anypoint Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
464,594 professionals have used our research since 2012.