Mule ESB Review

Good data transformation and formatting features, but it is not easy to troubleshoot

What is our primary use case?

It's used for regional implementation, where several systems are integrated and contributing to a central on-premises system.

What is most valuable?

The transformation and the data format are the features that I like the most.

What needs improvement?

There are several areas that need improvement. It's not easy to troubleshoot and we still can't make it work. It starts then stops. We are still trying to make it work using other tools that we have in-house, such as Kubernetes. So far, we have not found the proper way to connect them.

Stability is an issue as well as scalability. Both of these need improvement.

Pricing is always an area that can be improved. It's everyone's wish.

I have been using Mule ESB for five years.

It starts and stops, so we haven't had a chance to test it in production.

We have not reached out to technical support. Our case was so complex that we had to reach out to the architect to come on-site and help us with it here. This type of support is definitely expensive.

The initial setup was complex.

Deployment took a week. We were waiting for the team to be onsite.

We had a team from Mulesoft to help us.

The licensing is yearly, and there are additional fees for services. For example, having the help of the architect was a separate fee.

What other advice do I have?

It's definitely allowed us to develop everything but we are stuck in testing. It works then it stops working, and now we are trying to figure out why. It's not related to the software but related to the teams that work with it. It's a new technology for us.

I am still trying to discover the benefits. I know that it has many connectors, that it's a tool to integrate with Salesforce. That's when they say we cannot do what we need to without MuleSoft. We didn't use it for that purpose. For our purposes, custom integration as ESB, we are still trying to discover where our benefits are. I don't have a good idea yet.

We were able to develop what we were planning to. It's highly configurable. We were able to configure the workflows and orchestrations, but we are not able to run it yet.

I don't want to give people the wrong impression because of my experience so far because it may not be an accurate one. It may not be the fault of the solution.

When I worked with IBM in the past, it was easier.

Due to the complexities, I would rate MuleSoft a six out of ten.

More Mule ESB reviews from users