Mule ESB Review

Provides many connectors to facilitate integration, and helpful community support is available

What is our primary use case?

We are an IT consulting company and we have built our security on Mule ESB. We work for different customers for whom we develop projects for application integration using MuleSoft.

Our use cases involve connecting backend systems like Salesforce, SAP, and other custom applications. We also expose these APIs to external customers. We have also integrated it with a system of engagement, for example, Qooper.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for Mule is the number of connectors that are available. There are a lot of connectors to different systems so if you want to connect to SAP or Salesforce, there are readily available connectors that are of great help. It saves a lot of time using this system.

The level of integration that this product offers is quite far ahead of the competition.

They have a very strong developer community, interacting at an informal level on a daily basis.

What needs improvement?

MuleSoft is not so strong in method-based integration, so they're not so functional in that regard. It seems that it has not been their priority.

We have been working with this product for about a year.

No problems with stability have been brought to my attention, although once the system is in production, a different team handles it.

This product is hosted on the AWS cloud, so it has inherent scalability.

We have implemented this solution for between three and five customers in the past year. It is suitable for medium to large companies, where we have clients in each category including some that are quite big.

They have a wonderful, modern concept of community-based support. It is not a formal meeting. Rather, they often interact using technologies such as WhatsApp. They share problems and get solutions from all over the world. Surely, this is a very strong area of MuleSoft.

Some of my team members have worked on other ESB solutions in the past, but in this organization, we have not dealt with one other than MuleSoft.

One of the products that we are familiar with is a solution by IBM. This competing product is strong in terms of method-based integration.

The initial setup is very simple. The installation probably takes four hours, on average.

Our in-house teams do the implementation for our clients.

From a developer's perspective, it does not require much effort for maintenance. After we develop, the DevOps team takes it over for deployment and maintenance. When it comes to issues in production, my team would not be responsible.

What other advice do I have?

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Mule ESB reviews from users