Mule ESB Review

The most valuable features are the connectors, DataWeave, and the way it simplifies the application development.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the connectors, DataWeave, and the way it simplifies the application development and deployable files.

Connectors:

• Being a Java developer, I have experienced how much logic and coding one needs to put in while accessing the database.
  • With the DB Connectors developer, I just need to place the query, and in some cases the drivers, if Mule doesn't provide out-of-the-box support.
  • With the HTTP Connector and the APIkit router with RAML, managing the resources and handling is made easy.
  • With Mule's expected release in Q3 of 2017, generating RAML would also be made easy.

DataWeave:

• With good knowledge of DataWeave operators, anything can be achieved in a couple of lines of code, which otherwise would be time consuming in Java.

How has it helped my organization?

It has reduced interdependency.

What needs improvement?

The Mule IDE (Integrated Development Environment) could be more stable. For example, in Anypoint Studio, when we add some components and then remove them, they don't get deleted from XML in the background. It gives a duplicate error when we try to add them another time. However, this has been fixed with Anypoint Studio 6.

I have used this solution for around a year.

The older versions of Mule IDE, Anypoint Studio 5.x.x are more unstable.

There were no scalability issues.

I would give technical support a rating of 4.5/5.

The setup was pretty straightforward.

This is an affordable product.

What other advice do I have?

Since most organizations are now going digital and opening up their resources via APIs, companies should explore using this solution.