Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager Review

Offers great integration, flexibility and value for implementing APIs

What is our primary use case?

We use MuleSoft Anypoint API Manager across our integration team to move existing integrations and implement APIs. We are system integrators and I'm vice president of the company.

What is most valuable?

I like the approach of MuleSoft Anypoint API Manager and the kind of integration and flexibility it offers. The solution solves the flexibility of ALITAN, TODO1, and APA gameplay, it's a prominent feature that offers good value.

What needs improvement?

The solution is not open source and the market is now open with a lot of options customers can test to explore and investigate. I think the code is something we need to explore. I think licensing costs should be reduced, it's quite expensive.

I have been using MuleSoft Anypoint API Manager for over four years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

The initial setup is not completely straightforward but it's not too complex either.

The solution is quite expensive.

What other advice do I have?

In our work, we carry out a deeper analysis of customer requirements. Based on their fixed rate product capabilities, the size of the organization, and the business case, we carry out an evaluation and propose a unique solution. We have our own evaluation process, which is quite extensive and includes architect scalability of configuration, maintainability, and then commercial licensing. Taking into account all those parameters we can figure out the best possible solution. It really depends on what the customer needs.

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.

More Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Kong Enterprise
Learn what your peers think about Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.