Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager Review

Good API development and management, but the runtime needs to be more lightweight

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager has many use cases that involve API integration.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are API development and API management.

From a management point of view, this solution is okay. It is more lightweight than the runtime module.

What needs improvement?

The most important thing that should be improved is that it is too heavy. Even the API gateway and the API runtime are too heavy, which makes it more difficult to integrate. With the talk of microservice nowadays, this is something that needs to be improved.

It is not very easy to integrate into other platforms, such as those from IBM.

I have been using the Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager for between three and four years.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

Frankly speaking, I don't think that Mulesoft is doing an extremely good job. It may be because it's not that easy to satisfy me from an API point of view, whether in development, maintenance, or management. I have been working in this area for quite a long time and my standards are a little bit high. That said, this is a competitive market and I understand that it is not easy to make a good product.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementer
More Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Kong Enterprise
Learn what your peers think about Mulesoft Anypoint API Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.