MVision Cloud Review

We are able to identify the high-risk websites and block them. I have encountered some stability issues.

What is most valuable?

Currently, we are using cloud discovery and analytics. This has given us an insight to which services our end users are subscribing to and where our business data may be held.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to identify the high-risk websites and block them before the end users start using them to ensure that a business case is made for unblocking a high-risk site (rather than having to run interference after the fact). It also allows us to suggest other alternatives and safer services to the end user.

What needs improvement?

One feature offered is a 48-hour turnaround to add a service to the global registry upon request. While they do turn around risk assessments very quickly, often many of the answers are unknown which drives the risk scores of the services up. When provided with contact information, they will reach out to the service provider and get answers to those questions, but it doesn’t provide a lot of value to show a service as high risk just because they haven’t had the opportunity to ask yet.

I have experienced a few cases where I provided a direct contact name (who was expecting a call from someone at Skyhigh) for the cloud service provider being evaluated, and have received feedback from the contact that no one reached out to them after several days or, in some cases, weeks.

I have used this product for about 16 months.

I have encountered some stability issues. However, these seem to have improved over the last couple of releases.

I have also encountered scalability issues.

Some logging was turned on that filled up the log file shares very quickly; it took some time to determine the cause of the issue and remediate it.

The technical support level is good. They are responsive and truly desire to solve problems. The support staff can update versions of the software on our on-premises log processors in less than an hour via a WebEx session.

I have not used any other solution.

The setup was straightforward. We set up some on-site log processor devices to gather the firewall logs and send them encrypted to the server for analysis. The results were processed and then appeared on our dashboard.

The pricing policy is based on the employee/contractor count (people with a user ID in your active directory domain). The pricing policy is best if you enter a multi-year agreement.

I have evaluated other solutions such as Imperva Skyfence, Netskope, and Elastica.

What other advice do I have?

If possible, have them run a simulation in your live environment for 30 days and you will be impressed with the kind of data that is collected. I, personally, highly recommend this product.