MySQL Review

The InnoDB database allows us to store and execute procedures and roll-backs.

What is most valuable?

I couldn't name just one most valuable feature. You can use it under different cases, but most of the time I needed the database as a part of my project. I think, in one moment you will prefer the InnoDB database, so you can store and execute procedures and roll-backs.

How has it helped my organization?

Again, I couldn't name an positive aspect precisely. Maybe, the fact that using MySQL and Java gives it a big portability and, at the same time, short time responses within your product (my case). This could come from the DB side. It also allows for easiness of finding interaction tools with MySQL.

What needs improvement?

None that I can name. At the moment I worked with MySQL, there was nothing I couldn't do with the product.

I've been using it for four to five years.

There were no issues with the deployment.

It's a pretty stable product for what I needed it to do.

There have been no issues scaling it.

Being a community product, you can find solutions all over the internet. It's not a specific support department.

There was no solution in use previously.

It was quite easy. The product comes with an installer. It can be complicated to configure the MySQL server, but with a little attention, all goes well.

It was done in-house.

It's free.

What other advice do I have?

It helped me within my projects. For a free product, it works very well and it's easy to use and configure.

Don't try the most sophisticated products, that have big names, and cost a ton. Just try this product if you need something cheap and reliable. I don't think it will disappoint, at least not in my case.