MySQL Review

The InnoDB database allows us to store and execute procedures and roll-backs.

Valuable Features

I couldn't name just one most valuable feature. You can use it under different cases, but most of the time I needed the database as a part of my project. I think, in one moment you will prefer the InnoDB database, so you can store and execute procedures and roll-backs.

Improvements to My Organization

Again, I couldn't name an positive aspect precisely. Maybe, the fact that using MySQL and Java gives it a big portability and, at the same time, short time responses within your product (my case). This could come from the DB side. It also allows for easiness of finding interaction tools with MySQL.

Room for Improvement

None that I can name. At the moment I worked with MySQL, there was nothing I couldn't do with the product.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for four to five years.

There were no issues with the deployment.

It's a pretty stable product for what I needed it to do.

There have been no issues scaling it.

Being a community product, you can find solutions all over the internet. It's not a specific support department.

There was no solution in use previously.

It was quite easy. The product comes with an installer. It can be complicated to configure the MySQL server, but with a little attention, all goes well.

Implementation Team

It was done in-house.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It's free.

Other Advice

It helped me within my projects. For a free product, it works very well and it's easy to use and configure.

Don't try the most sophisticated products, that have big names, and cost a ton. Just try this product if you need something cheap and reliable. I don't think it will disappoint, at least not in my case.