MySQL Review

We chose to run JD Edwards on it because of the availability of resources for it in our region.

Valuable Features

MySQL database is the database on which we run JD Edwards. You could run it on Unix or you could run it on Oracle or something else. Our choice was to run it on MySQL because of the availability of resources in our area. There are more MySQL database resources available around Houston than there would be those that are familiar with, say, Oracle Database.

Improvements to My Organization

The availability of resources for MySQL has been the biggest benefit for our organization.

Room for Improvement

I'd like to see Oracle provide more certification for it.

We've had no issues with deployment.

It's pretty rock solid and we've had no issues with instability.

We're able to scale without issues.

I cannot tell you when the last time was that I had to call about support for MySQL. It's really rock solid.

Other Advice

Choose your database based upon your ability to be able to hire people and support the product, like supporting JD Edwards with a MySQL database. Not everyone can work one database with JD Edwards as well as they can another one. So just make sure you've got the compatibility and skill-set.