MySQL Review

It is easy to understand the inner picture of the database from the EER model.

What is most valuable?

The EER diagram is the most important feature for me as the EER diagram can show the inner picture of the database, such as the relationship between the tables very easily. We can also add, modify or delete EER diagrams very easily.

How has it helped my organization?

The user friendly interface which is easy to interact with such as creating backups, tables, views, and the EER model.

What needs improvement?

It has lot of options to interact with. Sometimes it is hard to find the appropriate options quickly. They need to add descriptions somewhere as to where a user can go to find the proper menu easily when required. Another problem is that since all the databases can be seen and operated together, it’s possible to make mistakes such as dropping the wrong database.

I have used this product for two years.

There was no issue with deployment

There were no issues with stability

There was no issue with scalability

The level of customer service is good. I understand sometimes they need to transfer the service to a knowledgeable person, so we need to have patience and explain the same problem several times.

The level of technical services is good. I understand the product is technical, so sometimes the reported problem requires more investigation.

I used phpMyAdmin. It is also a graphical interface but you have to buy the product while MySQL Workbench is free.

The initial setup is very straightforward. I didn’t face any problem at all.

I did the installation.

What other advice do I have?

This product is good as it is a graphical interface. It's easy to do all MySQL database administration very easily. You just need to play around to be more familiar with it. The MySQL Workbench interface is well prepared to design a database including EER diagram, create table, and view very easily. The EER diagram allows the user to completely understand the database design, which is very important and useful for the people who are involved with the database. It’s easy to understand the inner picture of the database from the EER model.

1 Comment
author avatarHaim Tzadok
TOP 5LEADERBOARDReseller

Workbench is the original GUI for managing MySQL databases it allows to:
* Manage DB - it allows to administer a DB. (by creating a connection to a database).
* Model DB - It allows you to model your database using EER diagrams to represent tables and link between tables. EER diagrams can be transformed to a schema by creating SQL script from the EER diagram. EER diagram can be also produced from an existing DB, by connecting to a database and performing reverse engineering.
* Migrate DB - It also allows you to migrate from another DB to MySQL