MySQL Review

A large amount of software modules and plugins for rapid application development are possible. However, it does not stand out regarding scalability.

What is our primary use case?

Small to medium-sized business usage. The main advantage is the very large user base. This enables users to fix about any issue by answering any question. From a technical viewpoint, MySQL is on par with the other open source database solutions.

How has it helped my organization?

Due to the large user base, a large amount of software modules and plugins for rapid application development are possible. From an operational viewpoint, this is also a very big advantage.

What is most valuable?

The large user base and the amount of available plugins and modules. A lot of the software components have been trialed and tested for often more than 10 years. It is rock solid from that viewpoint.

What needs improvement?

It does not stand out regarding scalability. When the company size increases, the user base having actual experience with (very) large MySQL solutions is reduced.

More than five years.

No, it is rock solid.

Yes, other solutions have better features and better performance.

Not applicable.

The initial setup is very easy with very good online support.

Implementation was done in-house.

Not applicable.

When you know the setup will continue to grow, make sure you have the paid support.

MariaDB/Galera.