N2WS Cloud Protection Manager Review

A lightweight DR solution that is easy to use and manage

What is our primary use case?

I am using this solution for backing up my virtual machines. I am also performing backups on applications like SQL and Alliance.

How has it helped my organization?

This product works as our DR solution.

What is most valuable?

The backup and restore functionality is very easy to use and manage.

What needs improvement?

The GUI could be slightly improved.

I have been using N2WS Cloud Protection Manager for three years.

This is one of the most stable products that I have ever seen. We are using it on a daily basis.

I cannot comment on scalability because I have been using this solution for three years and have not upgraded or increased my infrastructure. There are between 30 and 35 servers that are being backed up.

I have used Commvault and HYCU and the GUI on both of these products is slightly better.

It is very easy to set up this product. We did not have any major problems.

I deployed this solution myself, and it took 30 to 45 minutes.

The price is not cheap, nor is it costly. There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

This is a perfect product for me because I don't want something that consumes too much in terms of resources. I just want it to perform backups.

In my opinion, this product is for medium-sized companies. Not for a large enterprise.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner, reseller
Find out what your peers are saying about N2WS, Druva, Amazon and others in Disaster Recovery (DR) Software. Updated: January 2021.
456,495 professionals have used our research since 2012.