Nagios Fusion Review

Simple solution, easy to manage and easy to monitor

What is most valuable?

It's very easy to manage and monitor it. It is a simple software solution, but it's enough for my needs.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more possibilities for more monitoring purposes. I would also recommend they go in the direction of security information.

I have been using Nagios Fusion for between six months and one year. I am using the demo/free version on Ubuntu Linux.

There are some bugs, although not that many. There are some situations where the solution is not stable but the number of problems is not very high.

For me, it's scalable, but I don't monitor more than 10 services with this solution. There are five or six users using the software in our company to monitor things, including two outsourced people.

I have not been in touch with Nagios technical support.

I also use PRTG Network Monitor to monitor network traffic and network communication.

The initial setup of Nagios Fusion is straightforward.

We had an outsourced company implement this solution. We have a contract with this company for hours of services.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend using Nagios, especially for users who tend to have a small number of servers or services.