Nagios XI Review
Open Source Network Monitoring Tool

Valuable Features:

Nagios is an open source monitoring tool for monitoring network services. Installation is quite easy and the interface is user-friendly and configurable. We can monitor disk space, CPU utilization, memory usage, host availability, NFS availability and a lot of other things. Due to its extensive features, it is widely used in IT markets.

Improvements to My Organization:

We used to get the system hung. After monitoring implementation, we keep on getting alerts for CPU, memory and other things. So, we take care of servers now before it goes to hung state.

Room for Improvement:

Nagios provides most of the features by default, however to add more services to it, it requires additional plugins which require little effort on administrative end. So far, clustering and failover of Nagios is not available-- development is still working on it.Highly recommended tool for monitoring services.!!

Use of Solution:

I have been using Nagios for 4 years now and still using it.

Deployment Issues:

There were no issues faced during deployment. It was pretty handy and most of its docs are generally available over the internet.

Other Advice:

Alternatives Vendors: Zabbix, Opennms, Zenoos, Cacti !!