Nagios XI Review

It provides basic and complex monitoring of our environment as well as application-level monitoring, but notes can only be managed through the database.

What is most valuable?

There are a lot of plugins available and you can also write your own.

How has it helped my organization?

The product allows comprehensive monitoring of your environment. From basic monitoring of your servers health, to more complex tasks like AD, database, and, to some extent, application-level monitoring. Another great feature is that the event handlers allow you to automate repetitive tasks in your environment.

What needs improvement?

There's no convenient way to manage notes as the only way is to manage them through the database.

I've used it for three years.

No issues encountered.

I've worked on several occasions with Nagios customer service and technical support, always received very professional and prompt responses.

No previous solution used.

It's very straightforward and and it has good documentation.

We implemented it in-house.

Nagios Core is a free-ware which has almost the same functionality as NagiosXI. It's a bit less convenient to use, since it doesn't have UI for the configuration.

No other options were evaluated.

More Nagios XI reviews from users
1 Comment

author avatarit_user423219 (Sales Team at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees)

Hi Dima, You can add config notes in Nagios Core and comments. It's not very straight forward at the moment though. I've heard it's being revamped in coming versions though. One other thing you can do is link to a wiki if you have one internally. Thanks for sharing your experience :)