Nagios XI Review

It provides basic and complex monitoring of our environment as well as application-level monitoring, but notes can only be managed through the database.

Valuable Features

There are a lot of plugins available and you can also write your own.

Improvements to My Organization

The product allows comprehensive monitoring of your environment. From basic monitoring of your servers health, to more complex tasks like AD, database, and, to some extent, application-level monitoring. Another great feature is that the event handlers allow you to automate repetitive tasks in your environment.

Room for Improvement

There's no convenient way to manage notes as the only way is to manage them through the database.

Use of Solution

I've used it for three years.

No issues encountered.

I've worked on several occasions with Nagios customer service and technical support, always received very professional and prompt responses.

No previous solution used.

It's very straightforward and and it has good documentation.

Implementation Team

We implemented it in-house.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Nagios Core is a free-ware which has almost the same functionality as NagiosXI. It's a bit less convenient to use, since it doesn't have UI for the configuration.

Other Solutions Considered

No other options were evaluated.

1 Comment
Sales Team at a tech vendor with 11-50 employeesVendor

Hi Dima, You can add config notes in Nagios Core and comments. It's not very straight forward at the moment though. I've heard it's being revamped in coming versions though. One other thing you can do is link to a wiki if you have one internally. Thanks for sharing your experience :)

12 April 16