3gaoi2h254k0canb4hxj 400x400

Nagios XI Review
The monitoring and notification when an issue arises are the most valuable features.

Valuable Features:

The monitoring and notification when an issue arises.

Improvements to My Organization:

It was essential we had to have live monitoring as we were trial-ing a real-time communications application on a live site.

Room for Improvement:

While the UI is functional, I have always thought there was room for improvement here. It is at times assumptive for the not so technical, rather than informative.

Use of Solution:

I've been using it for 12 to 18 months. Presently I work as a software test engineer and my employer has been using Nagios for approximately ten years now. I first used Nagios in January 2014. I was in a small startup company based in the TSSG called Kodacall, it was based around WebRTC. I implemented in order that we could monitor our network as we had some clients who very kindly were letting us test our product on their live site. I really found Nagios a perfect fit for us and a good product to work with. As the saying goes “It does exactly as it says on the tin”. I hope what I have given might be of some small help.

Deployment Issues:

Stability Issues:

Scalability Issues:

It was deployed as a stand alone tool and is also integrated with Docker.

I didn’t require any service as the documentation is good and most questions are answered on any number of forums.

Initial Setup:

Setup ran pretty smooth. It's not overly difficult but it does require patience and some experience would make it easier. Like everything it is easier the second time around.

Implementation Team:

We implemented it in-house.

Other Solutions Considered:

Although we did look at other tools, we felt Nagios was a good fit for us.

Other Advice:

I would have no hesitation in recommending it.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Nagios XI?

Our experts can help. 217,939 professionals have used our research on 5,608 solutions.