Nagios XI Review

Some kind of templating system for dashboards is needed. The Dashboards are easy to customize.

Valuable Features

It has a web front end and the Dashboards are really easy to customize.

Improvements to My Organization

We've been abel to integrate a human accesible interface for system monitoring our customers systems.

Room for Improvement

Backup mechanisms and some kind of templating system for dashboards are needed.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for two years.

We have had no issues with the deployment.

We found certain stability issues that were solved by fine tuning some system parameters with support help.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

They have very accurate and fast support.

The initial setup looked quite straightforward, however, later on we found some performance issues that required the fine tuning of system parameters. Those changes were not very well documented, but technical support helped us resolve the issues perfectly.

The implementation of officially supported features was quite easy. We were also required to extend the system with a couple of ad-hoc functionalities and development of these pieces of code was not easy due to the lack of in depth documentation.

Implementation Team

We performed the implementation in-house.

Other Solutions Considered

As they have their own official support, we decided to choose this product over the others we looked at.

Other Advice

Official support is a must have for working with this tool. If you want to cook it at home and face support on your own there are better alternatives with larger communities.