Nagios XI Review

We chose it because it was a flexible tool that happens to be open source and has the capability to provide a holistic view of all the systems configured on the network.

What is most valuable?

• Monitoring Engine gives an in-depth dashboard of all the systems configured for monitoring
  • Capacity Planning shows the capacity trends of all the systems which enables you to plan appropriately for your needs
  • It has a good reporting tool and alert system

How has it helped my organization?

It improved our in-house support services as it helped changed them from being reactive to being proactive as notifications were sent about any device that was about to reach the set threshold.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice if the initial setup did not require as much tweaking and configuration and could just work out of the box.

I've been using it for over a year.

Initially, we encountered problems during the setup as some errors were noted due to a few pre-requisites not being fulfilled and having some configuration files to edit, and plugins to add.

There have been no performance issues.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

The initial setup was a little bit straightforward but cumbersome as there was more work in tweaking to make it work and creating configuration files for each devices that needs to be monitored.

Nagios XI was chosen because it was a flexible tool that happens to be open source and has the capability to provide a holistic view of all the systems configured on the network. It also comes with a good Web Interface/Dashboard to update the system as needed.

Our implementation was carried out by an in-house team.

What other advice do I have?

Nagios XI is an outstanding network Monitoring tool, which can be tweaked to suit any environment and it is a good solution for business looking for remarkable features at zero cost.