Nagios XI Review

The Reactor helped improved our script automation and self-response.

Valuable Features:

It has a lot of flexibility for customization and a wide range of metrics. Also, it is opensource and has a big community.

Improvements to My Organization:

The Reactor helped improved our script automation and self-response. XI has provided us with top flexibility for heterogeneous systems monitoring.

Room for Improvement:

Nagios needs to improve their incident manager. Currently, it isn't good for ITIL in my opinion. The Reactor is good to go, but XI needs to improve its reporting functionality.

Use of Solution:

We use bothe Nagios XI and Nagios Reactor.

Deployment Issues:

We have had no issues with the deployment.

Stability Issues:

There have been no performance issues.

Scalability Issues:

It's been able to scale for our needs.

Other Advice:

I would advise that you create a lab with Nagios Core and test what you really need. Although it's exciting to use all the products, only a few are really important in your IT structure. When you are confident with scripting and MIBS integration, you can consider expanding it to your Enterprise systems with Nagios XI and some other modules. I would discourage you from using the ticketing system to start with and choose something more dedicated.

XI
More Nagios XI reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Pandora FMS
Learn what your peers think about Nagios XI. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.