Nagios XI Review

Saves us a lot of money and allows us to monitor anything we want

What is most valuable?

Since this is an open source technology, if we are capable of writing the plugins in any scripting language, this product allows us to monitor anything we want.

How has it helped my organization?

Since my organization has many companies in the form of customers for handling their infrastructure and application, we used to use the paid tool before. However, the open source technology is the best thing for an organization in today's world. When it comes to monitoring Nagios, it is the first choice in open source tools. We started using the Nagios XI for monitoring and it also has a feature for handling events, which we can use to integrate for creating tickets with any ticketing tool using its API.

What needs improvement?

Nagios XI can improve its GUI for users with a new look. Otherwise, we could develop it on our own. This is the reason I think most users don't prefer it, but technically it is a very strong tool.

Four years.

No. Its new releases come from time to time. Also, if you don't have much expertise, you can opt for its support, but it's a paid service.

An eight out of 10, because technical support always has room for improvement.

Yes, we used a paid monitoring tool and used to pay a lot of money. Nagios saves a lot of money for the company.

Nagios is straightforward and simple. It has very good documentation as well as a very active forum, too.

If you can build a Nagios with add-ons, you can use Nagios without any pricing and licensing. Also Nagios XI does not charge much as compared to other monitoring tools. It is best in terms of pricing, too. I would suggest that if you have expertise, you should go for Nagios and build a Nagios XI type monitoring system without any license or pricing.

Nope, but I know the other monitoring tools which are paid as well as the open source. I like Nagios in comparison to them.

What other advice do I have?

Enjoy Nagios. No need of advice. This is very good product. Just use it and experience it.

Nagios is the best monitoring tool that I have ever worked on. You will never like it if you compare it with other paid tools based on the graphical interface or any other features. Nagios is the best open source tool. We can create a plugin by ourselves and actually monitor whatever we want.

Nagios XI is a Nagios, which is flavored with some features and we have to pay for it. If we use Nagios, we can build ourselves the Nagios XI feature on our own using the add-ons.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
Manager, Live Production at a software R&D company with 1,001-5,000 employeesReal User

!!!