Nagios XI Review

The BPI allows defining peripherals to map business criticality for efficient monitoring

What is most valuable?

BPI: It allows defining peripherals to map business criticality for efficient monitoring, as required.

How has it helped my organization?

Allows for monitoring of all the different portfolios in an infrastructure, as well as the application/databases.

What needs improvement?

The product uses the backend as Perl and could be modified to a more lightweight solution like what's being offered by other vendors.

Three to four years.

If you are monitoring network devices, often it's not scaled for large corporations. Definitely, a minus in that area.

Not an issue, but more of adding additional nodes to handle a large number of devices.

It's based on a forum. It allows us to get help from support as well as from other clients who may have knowledge.

Cost was a big factor, but also compatibility of various legacy OSs which still can be managed by Nagios far better than anyone else as an open source.

Defining the requirements are always a given until you get a hang of the product, and we were no exception.

Definitely if some of the complexity and shortcomings are addressed, it has great potential for being a market leader. The open source version could be better incorporated with the general convention similar to Fedora going into Red Hat.

HPE Operations Manager.

What other advice do I have?

Plan ahead based on your infrastructure and application as it would apply to all segments.