Nagios XI Review

Our pre-production testing and evaluation has gone well, but the installation is hectic

What is our primary use case?

We are planning to use this solution for network server monitoring. We have had training for deployment on our end, but it is not yet in production use.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the monitoring of processes.

What needs improvement?

I think that the process of installing this solution can be improved because it is quite hectic.

The interface could be more user-friendly.

We are still in pre-production.

I think that stability is quite good.

We are still in the pre-production stage and have only two IT administrators using the solution. There will be six users once it moves to production.

We have not been in contact with technical support.

We are currently using Zabbix.

The installation of this solution is a bit complex, and it requires that you are running it fully.

One of the issues that we experienced was getting the source to a computer where we could deploy it. That took some time.

We are handling the implementation in-house. There are two of us who took care of the pre-production deployment and will continue with the implementation.

We are using the free version of this solution.

We are testing out this solution in addition to Zabbix.

What other advice do I have?

We will soon be moving this solution into production. However, it is a bit complex and difficult for a first-time user.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.