Nagios XI Review

Monitors all of the necessary statuses for our servers and provides email notification for errors

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for monitoring the status of our hard drives, as well as bandwidth utilization. Essentially, we monitor all of the necessary statuses for our servers.

What is most valuable?

This solution is very good for monitoring infrastructure. It is simply to use, and you can receive notifications by email.

What needs improvement?

This solution would be improved with the inclusion of additional services. Monitoring streaming services is an example of something that is not currently supported, so in order to handle this, I would have to write a script. Scripts like this should be included in the next version of the solution.

I would like to see support for notification via SMS.

Eight years.

The solution is very stable, although sometimes we have had problems with the database in cases where we had a large number of roles and services. There have been cases of database corruption that had to be repaired.

Scalability is very good, and I have no problem with it. The configuration is such that you can add hosts or monitoring services very easily.

We have four security administrators who use this system.

I have not needed to contact technical support. There are webinars and other information available that I have made use of. If you have a problem then you can copy and paste the error into a search engine and find the solution easily.

I have used other solutions from vendors such as McAfee, but Nagios XI is the best solution when compared with others.

I feel that the initial setup is difficult for a beginner. You must be skilled at using the Linux operating system to install and start up the solution.

I performed the installation myself, learning about it from a webinar that was available online.

I am in the process of testing a large number of solutions, and this is the best one.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very good solution and it is simple to use, for any company. It is also very stable and you can monitor a large number of services with no problem. You can also create many users and have them receive notification by email. It's very good.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.