Nakivo Review

What is our primary use case?

We are testing and using Nakivo as a backup and replication solution for our VMware environment.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to set up a failover site that has replicas of our critical VMs. These are then updated every hour with only changed data. The speed of the backup is excellent and allows for replicas to be updated without affecting production workloads.

What is most valuable?

The ability to create a replica of all virtual machines is a great feature. The replicate feature is the most valuable, however second to it is not having to install clients on all VMs.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if the product could be expanded to support other virtual technologies, like KVM or oVirt. Also, if it could support physical machine backup that would be helpful.

Trial/evaluations only.

We are in the process of switching for two main reasons:

1. Reducing costs.
  2. Improving backups by not having to install clients on each VM.

The setup is very easy, and the flow follows a very logical process to configure.

Just try it. You can have it setup and running within a few minutes.

We also looked into Acronis, however it seemed to have about the same functions at around three times the cost per host.