Nakivo Review

Instantly recovers entire VMs, individual files, or application objects, but integrations should be added

What is our primary use case?

My company wants to evaluate Nakivo to offer a primary backup solution to our customers because it looks easy to implement and to use.

How has it helped my organization?

Nakivo is a cheap backup solution and at the level of technology in comparison with Veeam plays well. Now my company has activated just the trial.

What is most valuable?

• Deployable in one minute
  • Instantly recovers entire VMs, individual files, or application objects (Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, and Active Directory)
  • Save storage space with swap data exclusion, global data deduplication, and built-in compression.

What needs improvement?

I think the product should be improved on the integrations — for example, integration with HPE StoreOnce.

Trial/evaluations only.

I think that it's stable.

I have no impressions of the scalability.

N/A.

Now my company offers another solution: Veeam. Nakivo is cheaper, but it's a good solution for PMI.

The initial setup was easy, not complex.

N/A.

I advise making the product setup easier, for pricing because it is very cheap and for licensing.

No, I didn't.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is bronze partner from about 1 month