National Instruments (NI) Oscilloscopes Review

With just a push of a button, I can test hundreds of different scenarios

What is our primary use case?

We use it for the automation of testing.

I just started at the company, so I haven't been doing a lot of development on LabVIEW lately. However, it will go into our high-speed serial, PCIe, and DVR 5 automation.

How has it helped my organization?

I can automate a lot of testing very quickly. With just a push of a button, I can test hundreds of different scenarios without having to do all that manual testing myself.

What is most valuable?

The whole core thing of the program with its automation.

I like the new version of the user interface. It's pretty simple and easy to jump into, so it is good.

What needs improvement?

It took a good year until I felt proficient using the product, as It is a complex program. Their newest version has a less steep learning curve, but back closer to 15 years ago, it was a lot less user-friendly.

I switch back and forth between the old version and the next generation. Therefore, I would like to see more integration of the old program's features into the next generation, because the next generation is not as feature-packed as the old version.

I've had issues with getting different vendors' drivers working with LabVIEW. Some VISA drivers work better than others from different companies. I would like more plug and play,

More than five years.

it's just software, so it can be upgraded. So, we will install new updates when they become available.

We are using the full bandwidth. Though, the software is not the primary instrument for measuring these signals. It just tells the other high-speed devices what to do and what settings to use.

I have always had good experiences talking with their tech support. Thumbs up.

That was the first automation software I have used.

It saves me a lot of time. You can click a button and walk away, basically doing a week's worth of work in 20 minutes, it's a pretty good time saver.

It's reasonably priced for what we spend our money on in the lab. It's one of the lower-end purchases.

What other advice do I have?

We are not using this product to support connected devices for IoT development.

We are measuring high-speed, differential, and DVR signals.

I say, "Go ahead and purchase LabVIEW. I give it two thumbs up. It's very reasonably priced for the amount of time that it saves you."