NAVEX Global Review

I like the ability to upload documents into files, the automated clearance process and that it's an intuitive solution.

Valuable Features

• The accountability of staff compliance with reading policies/procedures
  • The automated clearance process
  • Easy storage of policies and procedures
  • Using a template to standardize the content and formatting of our P/P
  • Search function
  • The ability to upload documents into files

Room for Improvement

Uploading PDF’s is more time consuming and you have to go in and out of multiple screens/functions.

If I want to upload a completed contract, for example, into a category, I have to click on system setting, document setup, import documents, upload the document, wait for the email message to come in that it’s completed the task, then open the document to do the properties wizard to save it in the category I want. Only DCA’s have this capability.

I’m trying to convince users that it is cleaner to save the signed version in policytech, where you can set an automated reminder to review the document (annually, e.g.), then to simply scan it and save it on a shared drive. Because there are so many steps to getting the document where you want, and it’s not really intuitive to the end user how to use this process, I’m stuck being the only one to manage this process.

When setting up Policytech initially, the trainer on the videos used the example of creating categories for things such as completed contracts; that’s what gave me the idea. Great concept but very time consuming.

Use of Solution

5 years between my current employer and as an employee at the State of Nevada.

No problems.

No problems.

10/10

No. I administered the staff at the State of Nevada who completed the informal bidding process of three different products in this line. At that time, PolicyTech stood out as a superior product. I have not researched competition since that time.

Straightforward

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Worth every penny. Not a critical business process worth skimping on; its impact when fully introduced and utilized is incomparable.

Other Solutions Considered

The organization used the shared drive but there were so many versions of documents spread throughout so many different folders and no way to determine which staff had read what.

Other Advice

This is a very intuitive software program. As with any new product, you need your champion(s), starting with administration, and the set up takes time but is smooth and logical. We didn’t have enough policies and procedures for our organization so converting old documents was not as time consuming as it may be for well-established organizations with many documents. Regardless, very worth it in the long run.