NAVEX Global Review

Primary Use Case

We use this for all of our main policies as well as to keep track for our federal requirements.  We also use it for annual orientation and competencies.

Improvements to My Organization

8/28/17 - The fact that we do not have to track down 1200 staff, on 3 shifts has helped tremendously. The majority of compliance has been completed in a timely fashion.

Valuable Features

The streamlined process of getting policies out to all staff in a quick efficient manner has been most valuable. The Mark as Read attestations have helped in numerous ways. We are also actively using the product to complete annual competencies on staff as well.

Room for Improvement

Currently we have monthly competencies that the 2 Staff Development Departments would initiate by a manual paper process and have to track staff down for all 3 shifts. Since we have started placing these items on Policytech, we have had a much better compliance rate as the staff are able to do it and it automatically records responses and results. Staff either read a document or view a powerpoint and then have a survey to answer, they have to receive a passing grade and if they pass they then receive the competency for that specific training. What we would like to add would be to be able to have Templates for certificates as we have different types of programs that have specific required documentation on the certificates, currently the certificates are one size fits all and that doesn’t work for us. So we are running a weekly report and manually send staff certificates.

Another area is tracking Writer, Reviewer, and Approver statuses.

Use of Solution

No issues. 8/28/17 - Minor issues usually fixed within a reasonable time frame.

Not as yet.

The support is always there, would like it to be 24/7, since we are a hospital, however the daytime hours are acceptable.

Technical support is only a phone call away and the techs are usually the same people. Only thing I would try to change is to add more hours to tech support, since we are a 24/7 operation.

No, it was previously all manual. As of today (3/27/17) I still have quite a few manual manuals to switch over to the system, however I have over 1,100 documents in process online. 8/28/17 - I now have over 1,350 documents online. With quite a few to go.

It was pretty straightforward with quite a bit of planning ahead. As I am using the product I would like to add certain features, and remove others. The Navex Global Team has been supportive with us, although again we are manipulating to do other things that it wasn’t meant for.

It would be in your best interest to talk to someone who has completed this process outside of the Navex Global realm, so that you can further plan everything out. With all of the training and such I do wish I had made some different choices. 8/28/17 - This still stands; again even with the help of Navex Global there are other things that that we would like the system to do. We are able to submit enhancements.

Implementation Team

In-House

ROI

Our return is that we are able to save on overtime costs but not having staff come in on off shifts to complete mandatory training.  The staff are able to complete the training at their leisure and we can hold the Dept Manager accountable for there own staff.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

We have it hosted onsite, however the mobile aspect of the software is very interesting and unavailable to us. I would definitely think that this should be considered.

Other Solutions Considered

There weren’t any really out there, and our sister hospital was already using this product.

Other Advice

Absolutely purchase it, but you do need to have a plan of attack ahead. Talk to people who have it to get their support. 8/28/17 - Still hoping for some sort of User Group to discuss ideas and options with. Definitely an asset to our facility.

1 visitor found this review helpful

1 Comment

MgmtAnalyst196Real UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

I would like to start a User Group with other people who are using the PolicyTech. I would love to be able to share and ask for other ways to complete items.

Like (0)05 September 18