NAVEX Global Review

Gives us a good foundation for the whole process of policies.

What is most valuable?

My role is to facilitate policy management for the organization. We have two Policy Project Managers and our role is to enable consolidation, process and training for the policy management system. PolicyTech provides a good foundation for our work.

Previously work was done manually. PolicyTech provides the tools needed across our health care organization as we provide a consistent process.

How has it helped my organization?

It's a nice product and it really helps process. I think PolicyTech provides a lot of guidance in how to use the product.

What needs improvement?

We're using a lot of pieces of PolicyTech right now, but there are still things we haven't done yet. We're still learning and growing with it.

Truthfully, the hardest part is that there are some little setup things that need to be done before people can actually use PolicyTech. One is what’s called the Word Module plugin. I would say that's a little bit of a challenge sometimes.

They have good videos now, but I would like to see videos for more advanced training. I've actually talked to them about it. Their videos have improved. Sometimes you want more advanced training and I think that they could provide that in videos.

I have personally been using PolicyTech for a little over a year.

The company has been using it for a little bit longer. It was purchased and then there was an expansion of the organization. Beaumont Health has been using PolicyTech for over a year

Stability’s not too bad; once in a while we have issues. They usually do alert you too, which I like.

When there is downtime, they let you know with notice, so we can let our users know, but there hasn’t been anything completely out of the ordinary.

I worked with a lot of applications, so I understand that sometimes things happen.

I see it meeting the needs of the organization moving forward. We're working on consolidating policies across eight different hospitals and we're really working towards one source of truth. So far, it is meeting our needs. We know it's a journey. We're not going to do this all in a day, but so far so good.

Technical support is great. I think that's one of the top things. My co-worker and I cannot complain about the support. They're very helpful. We don't usually have to be waiting on hold. We've talked to them enough about different questions and issues, but we seem to get the same group of people assisting us.

PolicyTech is the first solution like this for policies that's been used.

When you're setting up a user, there are things that we have to do to make sure that they can work within the product. There are suggestions such as, you really should be at Internet Explorer 11 and you do need this Word Module plugin. Truthfully, it’s some of those things that are not under our control and there is that plugin that is upgraded periodically. It's hard to keep up sometimes with the upgrades. That may be the biggest challenge; not insurmountable, but a little challenging.

We have a set number of concurrent licenses. I don't know how it compares to other products like this.

1 Comment
author avatarMgmtAnalyst196
LEADERBOARDReal User

Would it be possible to receive a copy of the job specifications for your Policy Project Manager roles. I would be very interested in seeing what is listed. Thank you
Joanne Trudelle