NAVEX Global Review

Employees can submit concerns anonymously.

What is most valuable?

I like the notifications piece. It keeps you from having to go into the system unnecessarily. It’s nice to receive notifications of new cases. It's pretty easy to work with.

How has it helped my organization?

Employees sometimes need multiple avenues for expressing their concerns. Sometimes, they're just not comfortable allowing people to know who they are. I like the anonymous feature on behalf of the employees. They can still submit a concern, or tell us that there is something that we need to look out for, and not necessarily reveal who they are.

I don't use it as often as I used to. My line of business has changed over the years. There are two technologies: One that they use as an ethics hotline for their entire workforce. The other is one under the program that I manage, which is separate from the company.

Most of my people just call me directly or e-mail me directly without using the toll-free number that ties into NAVEX. I don't use it as frequently as I used to. Now I use something more specific. I probably use it once over the course of a month or two. It depends.

What needs improvement?

The one thing that I noticed was, it times out sometimes. Maybe that's a feature that they might have already fixed.

When you're in HR, or doing what I do, sometimes you're in the middle of inputting data. There is a lot of work, and it includes a lot of language. If you need to step away, it can time out, and you can lose all of that information.

When that happens, you have to start all over again. This can only be prevented if you start working in Word, or in some other program where you can just copy and paste. That was one thing that concerned me.

When the solution doesn’t save data, this is connected to the scalability. I would like to see more room for it to be customized. There's some room, but it isn’t enough room for me to be able to customize it to my program.

I need, for my particular program, to make more customized areas, and NAVEX really can’t do that.

I needed it to expand itself a little bit more as a database, and I couldn't do it. It would have been a great place to capture some data. I had to resort to other measures.

I've used it for about six years.

There has been no crashing at all.

There have been no scalability issues. You can upload as much as you need to upload, in terms of documents. I've never experienced it crashing due to the amount data and/or the large files. I never experienced anything like that.

I would rate technical support with a 9 out of 10.

My implementation person was wonderful. He really was great. He made sure that I understood exactly what was happening. He sent me details through e-mail. He was always very responsive when I had questions.

When I was setting up the hotline, not the company's hotline, but my separate hotline, it was not too complex. Maybe he just did a really great job for me, but I don't feel like it was too complex.

What other advice do I have?

The company is always timely. They always have good suggestions, and they always have quick fixes for me. My experience has always been great.

For others looking for a solution, it depends on the company and the company's needs. This solution has been a good fit for the program that I manage, and it looks like it's a good fit for the company.