Neotys NeoLoad Review

It allowed us to increase the number of applications we support and test.

What is most valuable?

The ability to quickly record and correlate a script very quickly with a lower learning curve. A complex LoadRunner script could take days to create, but the same script in NeoLoad could be created within hours. We had contractors coming in, and within months they were able to script and start contributing to the team very quickly due to the simplicity of this software.

NeoLoad has the ability to compare a test report to a previous run. We can easily compare to see if this new code base is performing better or on par with the previous code base.

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to create more scripts using NeoLoad within a short time frame. We increased the number of applications we support/test due do the quick scripting time. Now we have more time to do analysis and engineering work which is very important to us.

What needs improvement?

The ability to show transactions per second during the test run. Currently, we have to eyeball the TPS using the graph. NeoLoad 5.2 will have TPS reading after the test is completed but not during the test run.

16 months

9/10

We used LoadRunner before we switched over to NeoLoad. LoadRunner is a powerful tool, but the learning curve is very high. It would not be feasible for our team because we have a lot of newcomers and a lot of applications to support. NeoLoad costs a fraction of what Load Runner costs.

Setup is very straightforward. Neotys also provides guidance and support, setting up the team servers and licenses.

We did the installation in-house, with vendor support when needed.

What other advice do I have?

Identify what kind of testing your company needs (mobile, database, web, and so on) and find out if NeoLoad supports it.

5.1.3
More Neotys NeoLoad reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Apache JMeter
Find out what your peers are saying about Tricentis, Micro Focus, Apache and others in Performance Testing Tools. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.