Neotys NeoLoad Review

Easy to build test cases, good stability and good scalability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for load testing. Our focus is not so much performance testing. We focus more on load testing, which does inadvertently include performance testing, however.

What is most valuable?

The test cases are quite easy to build and to maintain. This is the most valuable aspect of the solution for us. It's the reason why they changed from JMeter to NeoLoad.

What needs improvement?

Overall, we're quite satisfied with the product.

Sometimes it's complicated to maintain the test cases. It's much easier than in JMeter, however. I'm not sure if this depends so much on NeoLoad, or is more based on the environment that we are testing.

I've been using the solution for about a year now.

The stability of the solution has been good, or at least good enough for our purposes. We haven't experienced any bugs or glitches so far. We also haven't had any crashes that would lead us to believe the solution isn't sound.

The scalability has so far fit our needs. We haven't had any issues expanding as required.

We currently have three people actively working on the solution. They are all testers.

The technical support is very good. Whenever we have needed something, they've provided support without us having to worry or wonder about if we'd get a response. Either they would send someone or help us remotely or the partner that they recommended to us (during the implementation process) helped us very quickly. The support has met our expectations so far and we're satisfied with their level of support.

We previously used Apache JMeter. We switched because test cases were easier to build on this solution.

The initial setup was straightforward for us. However, we did have assistance with the process, and that made it easier.

We got someone from Neotys to help us find someone to help assist us. They recommended a partner to help us to set it up right very quickly. We ordered the assistance suggested and we signed the contract on a Friday evening. We got the first report from NeoLoad the following Tuesday evening. We were quite satisfied with the assistance we received. It made the setup process quite easy.

What other advice do I have?

We have pretty close to the latest version of the solution but are currently trying to make an upgrade.

I can recommend that product. I'd also recommend that new or potential users do some training. It's a good idea to use experienced partners or consultants to assist with the initial setup.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.